Book Review | Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Title: Along for the Ride

Author: Sarah Dessen

Series: ----

Genres: Contemporary, Chick Lit, Romance, Realistic Fiction

Publication/Year: Puffin Books • 2010

Page Numbers: 424 (UK Paperback via eBook)

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Ever since her parents began fighting, Auden has been unable to sleep at night. Now, spending a summer at a charming beach town with her father and his new family, she has to find new places to pass the time she spends awake. And so she meets Eli, a fellow insomniac who becomes her nighttime guide. Together, they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she has missed; for Eli, to come to terms with the death of a friend. In her trademark blockbuster-style, Sarah Dessen creates a powerful and irresistible story of two people learning how to connect. 
My Rating★★.5 

Quote I Like:
"I should have figured out that the only way to really get my parents' attention was to disappoint them or fail. But by the time I finally realized that, succeeding was already a habit too ingrained to break." - Auden

My Thoughts:
There's not much to say about this book. I didn't love it and I didn't like it -- it was an okay read. The life Auden lived between her parents were crazy. Her mom being so infatuated with work and the attention of younger men and her dad marrying a younger woman. I didn't like that her father was of no help to his wife with their newborn baby girl and that Auden stepped in to help and work on her vacation. Her father is not the best.

Overall Conclusion:
I found myself getting bored reading this and could not connect with the characters. I will say out of the two Sarah Dessen books I've read, this is definitely not my favorite. Lock & Key was so much better to me.

Have you read this book?