Book Review | Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan


Title: Saga Volume 2

Author: Brain K. Vaughan

Series: Saga #7-12

Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Graphic Novel, Sci-Fi

Publication/Year: Image Comics • 2013

Page Numbers: 144

Synopsis from Goodreads:
"From award-winning writer BRIAN K. VAUGHAN (Pride of Baghdad, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist FIONA STAPLES (Mystery Society, Done to Death), SAGA is sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and horrific monsters, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters her strangest adventure yet... grandparents."
My Rating★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"That was sexy Alana! She's a crazy person. Sexy Alana is obsessed with her nipples and uses the word 'dick' unironically! She's not to be trusted!" - Alana

"Just to be clear. Your exact words to me were: 'Please shoot it in my twat.'" - Marko

My Thoughts:
Just as good as volume I. All the killing and bloodshed was awesome especially with the detailed artwork. 

When Gwendolyn appeared I was shocked as ever. Especially since she's involved in wanting Marko, Alana and Hazel killed. A jealous ex-fiance is never a good thing.

Cutest thing was when Alana thought she hurt Hazel because her umbilical cord fell off. Too adorable from a first time mom.

The way Marko's parents arrived on the ship was cool, but when his mother blasted Izabel I was pissed! I loved Marko's dad more than his mother. His father was very loving towards Alana and the baby. Even made them clothes. Sad that Marko's dad died -- I truly wanted to cry. Prince Robot IV got some issues -- why the hell did he kill The Stalk like that, lmfao! 

I'm totally glad that the writer didn't rat Marko and his family out to the Prince. I was shocked that they were there hiding upstairs anyway. Never thought they made it there yet.

Have you read this book?