Book Review | Glitches by Marissa Meyer

Title: Glitches

Author: Marissa Meyer

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #0.5

Genres: Sci-Fi, Novella, Dystopian

Publication/Year: Tor.com • 2011

Page Numbers: 32

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...
My Rating: ★★★★

My Thoughts:
This is a great prequel to Cinder! It totally explains things about Cinder, her new family and how she became a cyborg. I love that Garan treated Cinder no different than his daughters Pearl and Peony. I don't like how Adri looked at or talked about Cinder. Peony was absolutely sweet just like her father. I love that even at young age, Cinder is very valuable in fixing mechanical things. The ending was so sad, when he caught the plague.

I highly suggest that if you plan to read Cinder and want some world building and character development...READ THIS PREQUEL!

Have you read this book?