Book Review | Prodigy by Marie Lu

Title: Prodigy

Author: Marie Lu

Series: Legend #2

Genres: Dystopian, Sci-Fi

Publication/Year: Putnam Juvenile • 2013

Page Numbers: 292

Format: eBook

Synopsis from Goodreads: 
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.
It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long. 

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller Legend, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.
My Rating: ★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"Don't be all night about it. Take turns -- or et cozy and shower together, if that's faster. Just be back out there in a half hour." - Kaede

"He's right. I can't deny it. I am the reason Day lost everything that matters to him." - June

My Thoughts:
Seriously did this book just happened? Did this just have the most heart-wrenching cliff hanger?! Please give me a moment of silence...

I cannot believe the craziness that has took place in Prodigy. I thought Legend was amazing, but wow, Prodigy just left me hurt.

Prodigy had a good amount of action that kept me on edge of my seat, but the romance was just not there. I needed more romance between June and Day, but it just wasn't there. Despite the lack of romance I still enjoyed the character development between June and Day. They were just amazing!

I absolutely hated Razor. Such a two-timing, coniving douchebag! Commander Jameson just needs to freaking die! I hate her. The assassination against the new Elector Anden failed, but the way it all went wrong was amazing. June was brave. Tess simply irked my nerves. Can she just runaway and stay away?! Poor Kaden--why'd she have to die when I was starting to seriously like her?! Thomas...I have no words for what he's done in Legend and just can't respect him.

This took my breath away and just felt like a kick to the stomach. Lol. Marie Lu...you are an amazing writer!

I suggest anyone looking for a good dystopian novel to check this series out! You will NOT be disappointed at all!

Have you read this book?