Book Review | Finished by Claire Kent

Title: Finished

Author: Claire Kent

Series: Standalone

Age: Adult

Genres: Romance, Erotica

Publication Date: October 14th 2014

Page Numbers: 250

Format: E-Book

Source: Courtesy of the author

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo 

Synopsis: 
For the last year, Julia has lived with two men. 

Drayton is hot and mysterious, and Mike takes care of her. Together, they have great sex and a mostly stable relationship—one Julia thought satisfied her. After all, how can she complain about having two sexy men at the same time? 

Then everything starts to change. Drayton is keeping a dark secret that threatens more than their arrangement. It might actually threaten their lives. And Mike keeps becoming more alpha than she’s ever known him to be. 

What once was fun and casual is now a tangle of conflicting desires. Drayton wants to keep his freedom. Julia wants a real commitment. 

And Mike…well, Mike just wants her.
My Rating: ★★★★★

Quotes I Like

"But Mrs. Hatcher was quite relieved when I mentioned that this a three-bedroom apartment. She doesn't have to know it's an exclusive-but-no-emotional strings sexual relationship between three willing partners. Instead, she can visualize us safely locked away in our separate bedrooms at night." - Julia

"Your dick is very moody. First it's confused. Then it's resentful. Now it seems kind of excited." - Julia

My Thoughts

This was unbelievably amazing to read! Claire Kent did a perfect job with this story and the characters -- I mean I was truly blown away with the back story for each character. The romance was intense and the plot twist was outrageous.

The story follows a threesome "relationship" between Julia, Mike and Drayton. At first I was completely confused about their "relationship" -- three people in a non-committed no strings, sexual exclusivity "relationship." Really? That's just crazy as heck to me. One can only see that a relationship as such can only go wrong.

Julia was a very naïve and hopeful woman. She was content in her threesome with both guys and felt that "relationship" completely perfect between them. She was so aggravating! I didn't understand why she just didn't let go when she saw the signs of their "relationship" failing. She allowed herself to be dragged and played emotionally to a man that didn't love her truthfully and another man that wanted her fully. What killed me is that no matter how many times Drayton lied to her or put her life in danger she still had hope for him -- ummm, she should have kicked his butt to the curb! Julia just was too immature to see what was truthfully before her. I'm glad that she did begin to see, even if it was at the very last minute when her life depended on it.

Mike was the perfect guy in this madness for me. He was the perfect balance between Julia naivety and Drayton's selfishness. Mike was the innocent person in this because he came into the "relationship" after having a one-time threesome with Drayton and Julia. Mike was once content with the "relationship" but eventually came to his senses and knew he wanted out and with Julia on his arm. Mike was wise, he knew things couldn't work out and couldn't be fixed. He kept his mouth shut for a while simply because he wanted to Julia happy, but the more he learned about Drayton's lies and his life things just stopped working for him completely and he decided to walk out on the threesome. I admired Mike in this book -- he was strong, sweet, loving, gentle and heartfelt. At the same time he was also brave, rough when needed and protective. He was the ideal perfect man.

Drayton was a complete and utter disappoint for me. I didn't like him from the start, I felt he was too into being sexual and not enough of being intimate without the sex. He was unreliable, a lair, selfish and just not a real people person. Finding out who he is, what he does for work and who his father was completely blew my mind and was completely unexpected. I didn't expect Drayton to be that much of a douchebag, but he seriously was. That part in the house before he and Mike fought pissed me off. How could you willingly walk away from a woman you say you loved and cared about and leave he for dead? I wanted to shot him my damn self! He pissed me off and in the end I was excited that he walked out and away from the threesome "relationship" he had with Mike and Julia. He was such a pitiful man sulking in his own misery that he could find a way out of. I think his excuse alone about doing what he does to stay close to his dad (since he died) was extremely pitiful. Drayton was just a damn disappoint.

Those sex scenes were rather graphic and sounded very enticing to read. I loved how visual is was without being over the top descriptive. Totally on point and hot!

That ending was insanely perfect. I'm glad with outcome between Julia and Mike -- I didn't see it coming at first, but it was amazing. Also what Drayton sent was absolutely sweet. Even though he was a complete douchebag the entire book, he had a sweet heart in the end.

I wish there was a sequel to this beauty! Highly recommend.

Have you read this book?