Book Review | End of Days by Susan Ee

Title: End of Days

Author: Susan Ee

Series: Penryn & the End of Days #3

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Paranormal Romance, Post Apocolyptic

Publication Date: May 12th 2015

Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton

Source: E-Book

Purchase: Amazon | B&N 

Synopsis: 
End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

My Rating: 

My Thoughts

Warning: I say amazing several times!

Oh my gosh! This was sooo perfect. I will say that I was a bit unhappy with how short it was, but it was jammed packed with goodness and action so it evens out.

Penryn is just as awesome, brave and smart as she was from the beginning. In the conclusion I get to see her grow and accept the things going on with her family and her role within this angel apocalypse. She never allowed anything to push her back from her goal. Her feelings for Raffe grew into something so amazing. I simply loved her strength, her boldness against the hellions, Uriel and the Pit Lord. Penryn is the perfect heroine.

Raffe...what can I say about this Archangel? He is simply outstanding. His character grew from being cold-hearted to loving. He was much more funny and he began to embrace the idea of being with Penryn. I loved that he was able to get his wings back, but he ultimately sacrificed it which was so amazing. The one thing he ever wanted since Angelfall was his wings back. I mean he went through hell from them, literally, but it amazes me that he found something much more important and gave them up for it. That showed amazing growth and strength in Raffe.

The romance between Penryn and Raffe got steamy without being too sexual. I loved it because it was more initmate then actual skin-to-skin contact. The kisses, the holds, the hugs, the stares -- even those scenes in the house and in the pit -- were filled with so much emotions and hunger. The outcome between them was just perfect and cute.

Paige is such a strong little girl. Despite all she went through, she never turned out to be the monster she was built to be. She even starved herself. I loved her spirit throughout this book. Her protection of her pet locusts and her battle with White Streak was amazing. Penryn's mom was the best I've ever seen her throughout this trilogy. She was sane, cohesive and acted like a proud mama protecting her kids. I loved the part when she told Paige it was dinnertime and okay to eat ... lmfao! I couldn't stop laughing at that.

Dum & Dee are just freaking hilarious. They definitely know how to calm things down and make it all fun. I loved them! Obi death made me a bit sad, but he was an awesome leader for the Resistance camp. The Fallen aka Raffe's old watchers were freaking awesome! They definitely showed their loyalty once coming to the future.

Belil...I hated him at first, but through his memory and when Penryn went into the Pit to get the Watchers I began to understand his anger. It broke me, even more when Belil in the Pit was okay with being left, but the Belil who was evil died. It was confusing, but was awesome in the way Susan Ee wrote it.

Uriel is so damn evil. How could he kill his own brethern to fake an apocalypse. I don't get it and I was excited about his death. The whole fight scene at the end was unbelievably crazy! I mean that damn Beast - the sixer - was hideous and having that plague was even crazier.

Susan Ee did such an amazing job with this story from start to finish. The pace was a mixture of slow and fast, but the action never faded, the twists kept coming and the conclusion was perfection. I definitely plan to read her next novels.

Excellent Susan Ee, you've got a fan in me!

Have you read this book?