Book Review | Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Opposition

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux #5

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Sci-Fi, Paranormal Romance

Publication Date: 

Publisher: Entangled Publishing

Source: Ebook

Synopsis: 
Don't miss Opposition, the fifth and final book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's bestselling Lux series.

"A thrilling ride from start to finish," says RT Book Reviews.

Opposition

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can't believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Let me just say I totally can't believe this series is over. I need more of Daemon and Katy! This was a brilliant piece of work that Jennifer L. Armentrout has written. Her writing style, character development and world-building is simply phenomenal. She has never let me down and I'm truly a fan of hers!

The outstanding conclusion to the Lux series was everything I imagined and more. The Luxen have come to earth and Daemon and his siblings are sucked into the idea of slaughtering humans. At first I was a bit scared because the whole Dawson blasting Katy freaked me out, but to find that Daemon and Dawson couldn't be pulled into the Luxen's thought made me happy. I was freaking out for Dee because she was a freaking puppet.

Katy is a still strong -- ever thing she endured from Obsidian until now has made her such a strong person. She continues to wow me. Her speech to the Arum was crazy good and even when she was conversing with Ethan in the beginning. I love her character and the growth she had. I hated what happened to her mother, but she had her husband and friends through it all.

Daemon melted my heart away. He was the perfect husband and brother. He protected his girl at all costs and made sure his brother Dawson stayed with Beth. Daemon is still an ass in a funny way, but his kindness, love and loving heart outweighed it. I'm so happy he grew to be this phenomenal guy he is.

Archer and Dee are the freaking cutest. Dawson and Beth's little girl is a doll. Luc is a kick ass kid. He's powerful, cunning, smart and remarkably funny. I enjoyed his character. Hunter, an Arum, and Serena, a human, were freaking adorable and me want to definitely read Obsession.

The Arum were interesting. That whole meeting and Katy's speech was powerful, but it was amazing how they actually came together to fight along side not just a Luxen, but an Origin, humans AND hybrids to defeat the new Luxen. Ethan is a dog and I'm glad he got what he deserved! His death was too easy, but considering how everything went down, I'm glad it was Katy that killed him. Nancy was a pathetic woman. I can't believe how she lured Luxen for help or even set up Luxens and hybrids to mate and produce Origin. Freaking terrible. I hated her from the start and her death was awesome!

That ending was simply everything to me. I wanted to cry at first because I thought it was over, but thankfully that epilogue was there!

Overall, I'm blown away and definitely in love with this series. Definitely in the top 5 favorite series of 2015. Highly recommend this beauty.

Have you read this book?