Book Review | Broken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty

Broken DollsBroken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a review copy through NetGalley.

This is yet another novel with such a beautiful, intriguing cover design. I absolutely love how beautiful and dark this looks all in one. The story itself blew my mind with how it turned out. I was completely shocked towards the end at all the secrets revealed. Just amazing writing in every way. The concept was perfection.

Ella was such an awesome character at first. She seemed sweet and fun, yet gullible at times. Ella seemed to have enjoyed her life for a while until she met a new doll named Lisa. For some reason, after Lisa arrived she began to breakdown and try to figure things out. When the truth is revealed and she is back to normal she is no longer the sweet, fun character. She becomes an old, selfish hag. I can't believe how much resentment she has towards the professor and how she really wants to escape her life. Ella really changed and it broke my heart. I felt bad for her, but at the same I really think she needs to put on her big girl panties, move on with life and love her family.

The professor seemed like a crazy man for a while to me. I mean seriously turning girls into dolls -- that seemed beyond weird. As the truth began to roll around I realized he was seriously an awesome man that was helping out people and grieving his own lost. I felt bad for him the way Ella treated him when she turned human. All the love in the world can never prepare someone for such heartache. I was happy for him at the end though -- glad he finally moved on and seemed less creepy.

Lisa was seriously creepy -- I mean, no words can express how much she made this book seem like a horror novel. She was extremely goth and downright crazy. However, when she returned human and found out the truth she just seemed like a girl that was torn and hurt. She definitely added some spark to this novel.

Gabby is such a sweet girl! I enjoyed her the whole novel. She was full of light and happiness, even when she was sick. Even finding out the truth she was just a ray of sunshine. I truly enjoyed Gabby and glad things worked out for her in the end.

Overall, this was definitely a different story that was a bit creepy, but with so many shocking twists that it kept me on the edge of my seat. This was absolutely amazing and I'm excited to read the next book, Shattered Girls. I totally enjoyed the preview of it. Tyrolin Puxty is brilliant!

View all my reviews