Speed Review: Becoming Rain by K.A. Tucker

Becoming Rain Becoming Rain by K.A. Tucker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an ARC copy through NetGalley.

I can't even begin to express how much I loved this way more than Burying Water. This was simply phenomenal! I love the connection of the characters from Burying Water and Becoming Rain. It was a seamless flow and just all around fantastic read.

Luke is a character I pretty much enjoyed in Burying Water so being able to read his story was a major plus for me. Luke is the kind of guy that grew up without his father and was raised by his uncle in the wrong light. Luke was sweet, hot, hardworking and business smart. I enjoyed his character even more.

Clara goes undercover for the FBI as Rain and has to inflitrate Luke's life. She does so and soon finds that she is falling hard for him. She tries to find ways to save Luke while pulling back from him, but it all comes crashing down fast.

The romance and relationship between Luke and Clara was extremely insane. I love how strong they both were as characters. They both had their secrets and both struggled with their feelings for each other. Even when the truth came to light about Clara being a cop, Luke still felt love for her. They were just insanely cute!

Rust was a good man. I enjoyed him in Burying Water, but this book made me see more of him and even though his lifestyle was wrong, he was still a good man. Hated what happened to him. Miller is just unbelievable. I knew there was a reason I didn't really like him. I can't believe how much harm he did. It's insane. Vlad is a sneaky conniving bastard. Aref is definitely a greedy man. I mean, he is rich and married to a princess, what enjoyment could he find from stealing cars and causing pain to Luke. Elmira is a phenomenal woman. I knew she was trying to help Clara to save Luke. I loved Elmira throughout the whole book.

Overall, I am pleased with this book. I'm totally excited to read Chasing River next and see if it lives up to the standards of the first two books.

View all my reviews