Speed Review: Getting Rough by C.L. Parker

Getting Rough Getting Rough by C.L. Parker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an ARC copy through NetGalley.

The sequel in the Monkey Business Trio and it was just as good as the first novel, Playing Dirty. This picks up right where it left off. Cassidy Whalen has given up the offer of a lifetime and handed it to Shaw Matthews in order to go home and help her family out after her mother's accident. Shaw being the idiot he is, follows after her assuming she ran from him and handed him the job out of pity.

I loved that both Shaw and Cassidy came to understand their feelings for another. I'm glad Casey was introduced further in this novel. Him being Cassidy best friend and ex-boyfriend. I loved the rift between him and Shaw -- it added a great dynamic to everything.

Cassidy and Shaw definitely tried to deny their feelings for one another, but after their nights and days of getting rough and exploring one another pasts they allowed themselves to feel and made it work. I loved it!

That damn cliffhanger has me dying to read the next book! I need to know what happens next for Shaw and Cassidy!!!!

View all my reviews