Speed Review: The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole

The Strongest Steel The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy through NetGalley.

This was such a beautiful read. I loved the growth and character development within this story. It was different in a good way as far as heartache and moving forward.

Harper Connelly is such a strong, beautiful woman. Her story was heartbreaking. I couldn't believe all that she went through with her ex. I can't believe she had to go through such torment and still 4 years later. She may have saw herself as timid, shy and worthless, but she was powerful and definitely inspiring. I loved watching her open to Trent and learn to live a little more every day.

Trent Andrews was a sweet guy turned playboy thanks to his rotten ex Yasmin. He's a well known tattoo artist that every girl dreams of, but he was always intrigued by Harper when he would see her in the street. After one seemingly night of getting to know her and her story he falls deeply in love. I think Trent was the PERFECT guy to get Harper to open up. He was fine, sexy, could give some amazing sex and he knew how to calm her when she overthought or hyperventilated. I loved him because not once did he throw or push her to the curb, no matter how much drama kept coming. He always made it known that he wanted all of her whether good or bad.

The romance was very quick, yet realistic. Even though they fell for one another it took them months to admit to each other. Things between them progressed pretty quickly and yet it still made for a great romance between the two. There was a lot of compromise and slow going sexually, but once they got past that they were smooth sailing.

Nathan is definitely the worst ex, man and male character I've ever read of! I'm glad he got 4 years, hated that he didn't get the whole 8, hated his ties to people with power and his obsession with ruining Harper's life. He is a bastard and I'm glad he got what he deserved in the end. Honestly, I would have LOVED to see Trent, Cujo and Dred kick his ass!

I loved Drea and Cujo and can't wait to see what's in store for those two in The Fractured Heart because they definitely have a love-hate relationship going on.

View all my reviews