Review: The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

The Fallen Star The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a pretty good paranormal/ fantasy read. I am a huge fan of Jessica Sorensen's writing so I was excited to get my hands on this book and finally read it.

Gemma has never felt any emotion until Feb 8th when she started to. She now has to balance all her emotions because they go out of wack very quickly. All her life she thought her mom died in a car crash, but the truth was revealed to her and now she must fight for her freedom. I love that she was sassy and always ready to argue because it meant she couldn't be walked over by anyone. Learning the truth about her holding the fallen star's power and even of what she is was insane. I mean she took it like a champ. She almost died multiple times and she still kept wanting to know the truth. I salute her bravery to a T.

Alex was a really nice guy. At first I thought he was in on everything that was going on, but to learn the truth about his father, Stephan, and what he had done to him and Gemma was crazy. I loved the battle within himself with getting close to Gemma and following orders. He was just as snary as Gemma which made them awesome together. I also enjoyed his sister Aslin and the vampire as well.

This world is pretty cool. I love the idea of your regular paranormal beings and the Underworld, but I also love the idea of the Keepers and Foreseers. There is so much drama, so many lies and many people backstabbing one another that makes this a pretty awesome read. The action was just right, the romance was just right and the characters were awesome. I did want a bit more with the worldbuilding, but either way I enjoyed this book.

Overall, pretty good book. I do plan to read more from the series down the line.

View all my reviews