Review: Reviving Izabel by J.A. Redmerski

Reviving Izabel Reviving Izabel by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ughhh--the feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how freaking badass this book was. Phenomenal sequel!!! Better than book one. J.A. Redmerski is definitely a new favorite author of mine. I love how she creates such complex characters with dark a past that somehow use their past to become profound killers. In the Company of Killers is the best series even though I've only read the first two books.

Sarai has tried to live the normal life after Victor left her, but after seeing Arthur on TV she decided he needed to die. She goes to LA to kill him, but misses. Now she's a target, but she gets saved by Victor. Sarai is freaking kickass! I mean seriously, this girl got tougher, meaner, bolder and downright blunt in this sequel. She has chosen to live her life as an assassin to kill the men that are evil. At first she struggles with the new life, but she quickly learns that she can handle anything thrown at her, especially those tests Victor threw at her. Sarai isn't a coldblooded killer, but at the same time she seeks to kill men like Javier and Arthur without a problem. I love that she decided to change her name strictly to Izabel at the end.

Victor is still a coldblooded killer, but he is quickly learning to love and become more in touch with his emotions. I will forever love Victor because when he is about his business he is laser focused. I loved how he was willing to help Sarai and train her. I love that he left the Order and started his own business with his brother and Fredrick. I loved seeing the vulnerable side of him too. Victor is freaking hot and I love him!!

The romance was even hotter than it was in book one. Sarai and Victor are reunited and are now stuck together to save Sarai's life. I loved watching them embrace each other more in this book, instead of fighting their feelings for one another. I love that they admitted that they could love each other, no matter how crazy their lives were. Can I just say, that sex scene at the end had me hot and bothered. They really do some kinky things since their assassins and it's hot!

Fredrik is freaking awesome. I love how blunt and hilarious he is. He is definitely a good medium between Victor and Sarai. Learning about his past and how he became an interrogator was heartbreaking, but I must say he turned out awesome. Niklas shocked me -- I seriously hated him up until the end of the novel when they plot was revealed. I can learn to like him, but I still feel like I can't trust him. I'm glad Sarai sucker punched him though. He deserved it!

I am so ready to finish this series up with the next 4 books because even though it's a dark read, it's so freaking good. Excited for The Swan & the Jackal because I totally love Fredrick!

If you're looking for a book that is dark, twisted, sexy, action-packed, filled with drama and a lot of plot twists than definitely check out this series!!!!!

View all my reviews