Review: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Siege and Storm Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All I can say is HOT DAMN! This was a freaking superb sequel. Siege and Storm was packed with action, drama, romance and twist. I can't even begin to explain all the feels I have.

Alina is seriously badass in this sequel. She has now acquired a second amplifier and can really do some damage with her power. However, she seems to be embracing the darkness of her power. I loved how hard she tried to stay herself and not change even though the power always called to her. She was determined to kill the Darkling even if it meant ending her own life. She was snarky and even when she was serious she found time to enjoy the simple things. I love how she wanted to lead the Grisha and help to unite both the first and second armies.

Mal really pissed me off in this book. He was very insecure about his stance in Alina's life too many times. He even allowed himself to hang out with Zoya. Even though he pissed me off, he still made sure to protect Alina at all times especially towards the end. I hope he and Alina can fix their relationship be it as friends or as a couple.

Nikolai was freaking awesome! I loved him more so as Sturmhond because he was snarky and always knew how to enjoy life. I loved his mindset better than that of his father or brother. He was really concerned for the people of Ravka and wanted nothing more than to help them be free and survive the Darkling. He is fit to be a true king.

Tamar and Tolya are awesome assets to this story. They are twins that worked for Nikolai and even though they pretend to be regular Ravkan, they are actually Grisha as well. I love how loyal they were and the bond they made with Alina and Mal.

The Grisha, even though they started off ready to revolt against Alina, seemed to have really been getting along with one another and the other army. I love how the First and Second army became zero. I enjoyed seeing them all look at each other as friends and humans and not just freaks or less than.Poor Genya, I cannot believe what the Darkling has done to her.

The Darkling is just a hot mess. He is now using dark magic with his powers and have created these creatures called Nothing. The fact that he went that far to use dark magic shows how screwed up he is. Now he can even be anywhere he wants without being seen -- ugh I hate him. What kills me more is his delusional romantic feelings for Alina. He has completely lost. Too bad she didn't get the chance to kill him, yet again.

The Apparat is one crazy man. I don't know whether I like him or not. I cannot understand his motive behind what he is doing. Is he truly seeking to help Alina and help Ravka or does he have something else in mind.

I am too excited to read the conclusion to this series, but I need sometime to continue rolling in my feels. Perfection.

View all my reviews