Review: Stealing Rose by Monica Murphy

Stealing Rose: A Novel Stealing Rose: A Novel by Monica Murphy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Received an ARC through NetGalley.

Pretty good sequel in the Fowler sisters trilogy and it's about the baby sister Rose. Monica Murphy just captivated me with her writing once again. Why 4 stars? The romance just needed an extra kick in my opinion...or rather more drama.

Rose Fowler was very different than I imagined her to be. She seemed to be a lot more loud and outspoken in Owning Violet, but in this book she was a bit of fierce "move out of my way" kind of girl. She had her moments when she broke down, but she is just as strong as Violet.

Caden Kingsley was amazing. He played the part well. He was bold, ensnaring, dominant and confident. I love how he handled hinself throughout the book and even at the end.

The romance was a bit finicky for me. I loved them together, but it was extremely quick for me. They went from strangers to secret lovers to open lovers all while loving each other. I will say the sex scenes were as hot as book 1, Owning Violet, was. Caden knew how to command in the bedroom and Rose knew how to tease. I loved their happy ending nonetheless, just wish there was more drama between them with Rose finding out the truth and Whitney wanting Caden.

I enjoyed the appearances that Lily, Violet and Ryder. I didn't care much for Whitney. I think she could have been more dramatic.

I'm excited to see how things play out for big sister Lily in the third bookTaming Lily.

View all my reviews