Review: Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was absolutely beautiful! Each books just continues to make me love the Shadowhunter world much more. This sequel was amazing. It was filled with action, drama, romance, betrayal and secrets. The characters were superb and well written.

Tessa is living with the Shadowhunters at the London Institute and is still trying to discover who she really is. She knows she is part Downworlder, but discovering she is also part Shadowhunter is even more shocking and begs for understanding. She has become bolder and braver in this sequel and with her training she learns to defend herself really well. I liked that she used her powers and really began to understand them. All the new powers she was also experiencing was pretty darn cool. I'm still trying to understand her angel necklace and how it works with who she is. Hopefully that can be revealed soon enough.

Will has always been an obnoxious and annoying person, but after learning more about him, his family and also his "curse" I sort of love him. He did what he thought he needed to do to protect those he loved. He is braver than I would have ever thought. Learning about his family was awesome too. Jem is freaking awesome! I love him and how brave he is despite what cards lie in wake for his life. He seriously is the perfect guy.

This love triangle did get a bit annoying at times between the Will, Tessa and Jem. I mean granted Tessa loves each boy, but she truly loves Will more. She doesn't want to walk away from Jem now because she indeed loves him and wants to make him happy while he is still around. Will is awesome for being happy about their engagement, but I feel like he is burdening himself. This love triangle is all so much.

Charlotte and Henry are simply adorable! I loved the heart to heart they had when expressing their love and true feelings for one another. To find that they both assumed they married each other without being in love was funny. That ending though was so cute! I'm happy for them both.

Jessamine is just a lost soul. I feel bad for her because she despised who she was and was willing to do anything to leave her life as a Shadowhunter. Not only did she betray her family and the world of Shadowhunters, but now she is lonely and likely facing death. Feel bad for, but she got what she deserved.

Nate is sickening! I mean seriously all these secrets he held in and the anger he had is unbelievable. Granted I'm sorry his mother abandoned him, but did he really have to kill her? As for him dying -- he deserved it, but I feel like he still loved Tessa, especially when he told her to always wear her Angel.

The Lightwoods are disgusting! I cannot believe how evil Benedict is. He should just die already. I respect Gideon for leaving and do the right thing rather than choosing his blood. As for Gabriel, I hope he comes around sooner rather than later.

Mortmain is the devil. That's all I can think about when I see his name. Where the hell is he?! Why does he want Tessa so bad? Why was he even adopted by the Shades? Magnus Bane is just to die for! I love him because he keeps it real while going in circles. Magnus is freaking awesome and will always be a character I love in the Shadowhunter world. Okay, now Cecily wants to be trained -- holy heck..what is going on?

I'm excited to read the third and final book in this trilogy and see how it all ends for Tessa in Clockwork Princess. Hopefully there is more betrayal and secrets revealed.

View all my reviews