Review: Gabriel's Rapture

Gabriel's Rapture Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are no words to truly express how I feel about this novel! This is seriously one of my favorite contemporaries for the year. Sylvian Reynard is brilliant in her writing. The characters, drama and bond within this story is so realistic and fantastic.

Julia and Gabriel have officially stepped into deep waters with their relationship in this novel. Gabriel has taken the most precious thing from Julia and they've become a true couple until they were hit with a huge obstacle thanks to a jealous student.

Julia has become much more open and brave in this novel. She has truly learned to stop allowing people to control and run over her. She endured many challenges in this book, but she became her truw self and began to really live. I enjoyed her character a lot more because she definitely grew. She mad decisions that most characters wouldn't have made and she dealt with them as best as she could.

Gabriel became much more vulnerable in this story and it made me love him 10,000 times more. He had his secrets still and lied every now and then, but his reasoning sometimes made sense. I like that he was much more in control of his anger and allowed himself to begin to heal and truly love Julia. Gabriel is my favorite male character ever!

Christa was a sore, jealous student who used her looks and sex to get what she wanted. I truly felt bad for her and I hate her for what she tried to do between Julia and Gabriel. Thankfully her plan failed. Paul was a sweet guy, but he just wasn't the right guy for Julia. He would, of course, be the ideal guy, but he just didn't have that fire that Gabriel had.

Tom was a pretty cool dad. He made his mistakes and tried to right things, but never really did well. I loved him towards the end of the book. The Clarks are frwaking awesome. I love them all; Rachel, Scott, Richard and Aaron. They are all sweet, supportive, nonjudgmental and loving.

Paulina got on my damn nerve for the longest, but after finding out she thought Gabriel and her were a couple I felt even more bad for her. I truly hope that she has moved on from him and will try to get better with her life.

That ending was freaking phenomenal! I can't explain how ecstatic I was for the two of them. I can't wait to read the third and final book in this trilogy, Gabriel's Redemption. I'm sure there will be even more drama now between the two of them.

View all my reviews