Review: Lighter To My Cigarette 2: Smoldering Embers

Lighter To My Cigarette 2: Smoldering Embers Lighter To My Cigarette 2: Smoldering Embers by Monique Chanae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another awesome read! I'm a sucker for a good gripping urban fiction and this gave me all of the goodness I was looking for. As a sequel to Lighter to My Cigarette this was superb. It picked up right after the wedding with Quentin getting locked up. That was one heck of a start to the marriage between Kai and him.

Kai was much more snappy and bold in the sequel, but given the craziness that ensued with her husband and daughter she had every right to be. Quentin is still the damn man despite all that happened to him while he was away. Blaze was awesome. I think he did a great job as the boss and he handled things with sense.

Justice should have died in the first book!! I was pissed to see he survived, but I'm glad he got what he deserved finally. Hill is a dirty cop -- he definitely went out like a wimp. Giselle is conniving bitch! She should have gotten beat by Kai, Lauren and A. Chief was a reckless guy -- sort of reminded me a more sane version of justice, but still insanely crazy and Amanda was just dumb.

Such an awesome story and definitely recommend it!

View all my reviews