Review: Artificial

Artificial Artificial by Jadah McCoy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Received a review copy through the publisher.

Artificial was a pretty awesome sci-fi novel about human extinction, androids, glitches and more. This was full of twists and turns and kept me on my toes at all times. The characters were awesome and as usual Curiosity Quills Press books have fabulous covers.

Sylvia was an awesome heroine. She was smart, spunky and ready to do anything necessary to help her kind survive in the Elite. She was taking by PICs to New Elite and spliced. Now she has to survive in a world run by androids. Sylvia did a pretty great job of surviving in such a crazy time. She didn't turn out cold like most people would have. She did have this sort of bravado to herself that was a front. Behind the strong and fearless woman she portrayed to be she was a scared little girl. I loved her and I'm excited that she didn't get the chance to turn and that she is completely an android now.

Bastion is an android, more specifically a glitch (an android that shows emotion). He has hidden his emotions to avoid death in the New Elite. It wasn't until he met Sylvia that he began to feel his emotions stronger and couldn't escape them as easily. I loved how strong he was. He was willing to put his life and his friends lives on the line for Sylvia even though she was a complete stranger. I loved when he went all gun crazy with Pontus and Lexion...badass!

Lucca is just a disgrace to all of mankind. The way he gave up his people so easily and the hatred he had for Sylvia was insane. I couldn't understand how he could be so cruel. He was absolutely crazy and I hope he stays dead this time around.

Pontus and his upgrade Lexion are just crazy. He was so filled with hatred towards humans and glitches. I sensed a bit of jealousy on his end because he could feel nothing but hatred. I'm interested in seeing how the 8th generation or version of him does things in the sequel.
I definitely plan to read the sequel because this was very great and the ending left me happy yet empty with needing to know more. I am definitely hoping for some major romantic development because Sylvia and Bastion definitely have some feelings they need to acknowledge.

View all my reviews