Bout of Books 17.0 Readathon

Hello my fearsome booknerds!

This is where I will be posting my progress throughout the Bout of Books 17.0 readathon. This is where I will have all of my updates, my goals and TBR list. I'll even have links to the challenges I partake in as well.

TBR
  • Nirvana by J.R. Stewart
  • Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult F/W
  • Tears of the Sea by MaryLu Tyndall
  • Reflections by Jena Baxtar
  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
  • Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
My bonus read will be Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and throughout the read-a-thon I plan to read Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

GOALS
  • Read at least 4 of these books
  • Partake in at least 2 challenges
  • Make a wrap up video
These are simple goals I wish to achieve during the readathon. Nothing major because I just want to have fun reading these books.

PROGRESS
Day One
Today was a success! I completed Nirvana by J.R. Stewart (review) and I got 24% of the way through Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter read. In this book so far I loved Frostblood by Elly Blake and Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I enjoyed The Reader by Traci Chee as well. I also did the Book to Movie challenge hosted by Writing My Own Fairytale which you can see here.

Day Two
I didn't take part in a challenge today, but I did finish Tears of the Sea by MaryLu Tyndall (review) which was AMAZING! I also finished the Buzz Bookz 2016 YA Fall/Winter compilation book (review). That was a pretty great read as well. It got me excited for a ton of upcoming YA releases. I started Nevernight by Jay Kristoff -- I'm ready for a kickass assassin and some serious fantasy aspects.

Day Three
Today was an okay reading day. Didn't get far as I had hoped to but I did get to chapter 10 (140 pages) of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I also started re-reading Reflections and got to Chap 12 (76 pages). Hopefully tomorrow is better, but Thursday on is going to be long days for me.

Day Four
I didn't get the chance to read. Had a really busy day. I did go to the library and pull out some graphic novels though:
  • Firelight from Kazu Kibuishi
  • Locke & Key Vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez 
  • Locke & Key Vol 2: Head Games by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez 
  • Locke & Key Vol 3: Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez 
I'm stoked about these and can't wait to borrow more books since my library only allows 4 graphic novels at a time.

Day Five
I started a graphic novel that's not on my tbr. I had to read Firelight from Kazu Kibuishi  It's book 7 in the Amulet series. It's soooo good!!!

Day Six
I finally got a chance to read and got to page 241 of Nevernight. This book is so dark and sinister yet amazing all at once. The characters, the world -- just phenomenal. I'm hoping to get close to finishing tomorrow or even finishing it completely. Loving this book!

Day Seven
I finally finished Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (review) and holy hell is all I can say. That book was GOOD! I also finished Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi (review). Both are definitely favorites for me. I did finish reading Lock & Key Welcome to Lovecraft (review) around 11pm. I got to page 70 in Lady Midnight once again, so far I'm enjoying it alot more second time around.

This was a pretty successful readathon for me. I think Bout of Books is an awesome read-a-thon to take part in and I already can't wait for round 18!

Happy Reading!