Book Review | Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Empire of Storms

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Series: Throne of Glass #5

Age: Young Adult

Genres: High Fantasy

Publication Date: September 6th, 2016

Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those don't.

As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.

Aelin's journey from assassin to queen has entranced millions across the globe, and this fifth installment will leave fans breathless. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down?

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like

"Honestly, Dorian had no idea how Aelin had survived months of this -- let alone fallen in love with the warrior while she did. Though he supposed both the queen and prince possessed a sadistic streak that made them compatible." - Dorian

"You once asked me where I stand on the line between killing to protect and killing for pleasure. I'll stand on the other side of the line when I find your grandmother." - Dorian to Manon

My Thoughts

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't deal with how I feel right now. This has got with so many feels -- I don't even know how to put thoughts into words at this moment. I'm stunned, excited, angry and just want to scream. Sarah J. Maas continues to blow my mind with this series! From the first book to the fifth book I am just blown. The world as usual is amazing. I love submersing myself into the world as I read this series. The characters are so amazing and dynamic. From the ones you love to the ones you want to see dead or hate -- you will enjoy them all.

Aelin is still so amazing! She is still badass and quick with her temper, but she thinks things through a lot better. I was surprised with her control in this book when it came to certain people like Darrow or Lorcan. She held her ground throughout it all. Rowan is still my favorite male character and I just love him and Aelin together. He is brave, kind, territorial and loving. The love between them is so real, pure and true. I'm so happy they finally was able to admit so much to each other and that beach scene -- yesssss!

Dorian and Manon -- oh my -- they were a lovely yet frightful pair. I love Dorian once again. He may have had it bad and may have annoyed me in the previous books, but he is starting to learn to man up and learning to control his powers. I love it. Manon is another character I once hated, but now love. She is strong, she has a heart whether she admits it or not and she is indeed caring for others. I loved the way she protected Dorian, Aelin, her Thirteen and Elide. Just amazing how she grown into a true leader on the right side of the war. That romance that's been brewing between them was absolutely cute. I love the pair together. Hope to see more of them.

Elide and Lorcan were a strange pair for me, but I loved them together how ever short it may have been. I hated Lorcan, but now I feel bad for all that has happened in the those last few chapters of the book. He literally has lost everything dear to him over his own stupid judgement. Aedion finally meeting his father was so heartwrenching. I cried when he finally spoke words to him, but I love that his father ACTUALLY cared for him and his mother. As for Fern, I feel bad for the way Maeve makes him suffer. I hope he can get free from her some day soon. He deserves happiness.

The Valg king and Maeve are both cowards. They need to die. Elena and her father are so wrong for everything that transpired in the past. I cannot believe all that they have left unto Aelin. Just crazy!

That ending -- that cliffhanger -- that drama -- it bought me to tears of joy and anger. I was so excited about Rowan and Aelin, but my hatred for Maeve got stronger. However, the way Aelin was prepared for everything and how she came through on her promise of an army was PHENOMENAL! Ughhh I need the sixth book right now!

I highly suggest this series! I definitely will be reading books one through five a month before the sixth book comes out -- I need answers Sarah J. Maas. Please let Maeve and Valg king die. Please let Rowan find Aelin. Please let Aelin and Dorian have their kingdoms.

All I can say is -- I have TOO many feels and NOTHING can compare to this series. Only thing I didn't like was the cover, but the content was great in my opinion. I was hoping for more action, but hopefully book six brings it all -- more action, more love, more truths revealed and all the drama, fire and ice Aelin and Rowan can rain down.

Have you read this book?