Book Review | Slip of Fate by Hettie Ivers

Title: Slip of Fate

Author: Hettie Ivers

Series: Werelock Evolution #1

Age: Adult

Genres: Paranormal Romance

Publication Date: February 27, 2016

Pages: 317 pages

Source: Provided by Rockstar PR

Purchase: Amazon | B&N (eBook) | B&N (paperback)

Synopsis: 
Bad-boy werelock meets stubborn human girl in this epic series. 

Finding love at first sight with your fated soul mate sounds so romantic. Unless, of course, that "mate" happens to be your brother’s sworn enemy and the overbearing Alpha werewolf-warlock who has taken you hostage. 

Things get complicated in this twisty love-hate trilogy about a stubborn American girl who stumbles upon forbidding paranormal circumstances and finds herself at the center of a blood feud between rival South American werewolf packs. 

The task of taming a formidable, drop-dead sexy werelock has never been so hard. And so hot. 

**Mature Content Warning** This book contains violence, strong language, and sexual situations and is intended for adult readers. This book is part of a series and contains a cliffhanger ending. Word count: 76K

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Oh My Words! This was absolutely fantastic -- much better than I thought it would be. I cannot believe how much I truly enjoyed this. The characters were phenomenal, the writing was amazing and the chemistry throughout the book just flowed seamlessly. This was full of steamy scenes without the sex and humor!

Milena is an amazing character. I loved her from start to finish. Being only 18 years, kidnapped, lied to, humiliated and ultimately finding her soul mate she handled things a lot better than I would have. She was snarky, sarcastic, moody, emotional and just your average teenage girl. She may have been scared every now and then, but she never held her tongue. She always spoke against Alex when she felt she needed to. I loved her strength before her powers kicked in.

Alex is the "bad guy", the Alpha werelock and downright hot. Despite all of that he is a grade A douchebag. He is so used to getting what wants and never looked at humans until he met his mate. Alex cracked me up because even though he pretended to be cold-hearted he definitely had a soft spot. Seeing him learn his way around human girls and accepting his fate was amazing. I love how he battled with his wolf in regards to Milena. His wolf was so forthcoming and sweet. He himself was harsh and teasing. Love him!

Alcaeus is forever going to be a fav for me after reading the prequel, Girl from Jussara. He is funny, cocky and downright outspoken yet kind. He is the total opposite of his brother Alex.

Kai is so amazing. I love how quiet and sweet he is. Remy is interesting to me. All the werelocks are all hot and definitely alpha males, but none of them compare to the brothers Alpha Alex and Elder Alcaeus.

That ending blew my mind and made me laugh like crazy. I am too excited to see what's in store for Milena now that she and everyone else knows about her powers. Definitely looking forward to the sequel, Fear the Heart.

Have you read this book?