Book Review | Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

Title: Vision in Silver

Author: Anne Bishop

Series: The Others #3

Age: Adult

Genres: Urban Fantasy

Publication Date: March 3, 2015

Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group

Source: eARC via NetGalley

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
The Others freed the  cassandra sangue  to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before—both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…

My Rating: 

My Thoughts

Let me just start by saying that I love The Others series. It's an amazing adult fantasy series with so many great characters, an amazing world and a few plot twists that will throw you for a loop. I really loved Written in Red and enjoyed Murder of Crows so I knew I would enjoy this book or more. The writing as usual is so phenomenal. This is a great fantasy series with little to no romance, sex or too much action. However, even without those aspects it still keeps you hooked.

Meg has grown so much in this book. She has become stronger, wiser, smarter and more dependent on herself. She's trying so hard to help the other cassandra sangue live freely in a world that frightens them all. Meg is the kind of character that loves and cares for all her friends. She will go to many lengths to save her friends -- including putting her life in danger. I love how feisty she became as well when it came to Nathan and Simon -- amazing.

Simon is still an amazing character for me. I'm waiting for him and Meg to really admit their feelings for each other and kiss already. Simon has come a long way from his views on humans. He's now trying to find ways to protect the "good" humans before the terra indigene that live in the wild decide on extinction. His hardwork and belief in humans is amazing.

Did I mention I need a bit of romance between Simon and Meg -- okay, moving along...

The Humans First movement aka the HFL is an idiotic movement. The things these humans are doing to try and get rid of the Others is laughable and sad. They are only giving themselves a quicker and gruesome death that could be avoided. This Nicholas Scratch character is so annoying, but I'm truly interested in learning more about him and who he truly is.

The whole Elayne scene and finding out the truth about her mother and brother at the end was mind blowing. Money and power can truly turn people evil. I hate that sweet little Lizzy was involved in this involuntarily, but I love that officer Monty and the Others protected her.

The Others from Lakeside -- Tessa, Jenni, Nathan, Vlad, Grandfather Erebus and the others -- are all so amazing. I would totally love them to be apart of my own family. They may dislike and even hate humans, but the way they treat Meg, Meri Lee, Monty, Burke and the other humans is amazing.

I am so happy that Jean and Hope are learning to live. I think with the help of Meg and those two, the other cassandra sangue can learn to truly live a happy and free life without having to worry too much about death so soon, especially if they can find other ways to have their visions life Hope did.

I am so excited to read Marked in Flesh to see what happens next for the Others, the humans, Meg and Simon (I need some kissing) and I also want to know what the wild terra indigene plan to do.

Have you read this book?

Check out my reviews for the previous books: Written in Red & Murder of Crows.