Book Review | Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn

Title: Forget Tomorrow

Author: Pintip Dunn

Series: Forget Tomorrow #1

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Time Travel

Publication Date: November 3, 2015

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.

It's Callie's seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision-a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.

Or in Callie's case, a criminal.

In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo-a prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn't spoken to in five years, she escapes the hellish prison.

But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all-Callie, herself.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts
Wow, this was a pretty great dystopian read. I haven't read a good one in a while and I'm so happy I read this one. I love the dystopian world with a mix of time travel and futuristic aspects. Really made for a great story. I will say this left me wanting more and left with so many unanswered questions.

Callie is an outgoing girl living in a world ruled by such harsh times. It's finally her seventeenth birthday and she is ready to receive the memory from her past. What she didn't expect was for it to land her in jail. Callie is such a strong protagonist. I loved everything about her. She was bold, smart and didn't back down from much. I love how she challenged Scar Face, I loved how she fought against the fumes and I love how she held herself against the Chairwoman. She was totally an amazing character.

Logan was a great character. Learning more about him and the truth about his brothers past was insane. I'm glad he got the memory he wanted, but I'm even happier that he came to his senses. Even though what he did to his brother was insane, he was only young so I can't really fault him. What I don't like about him is how he truly tries to please his brother instead of simply living his life as best he can. I was so happy when he got the balls to disobey his brother.

The romance between Logan and Callie was just too cute. I loved how they were friends when they were younger. Stopped talking for five years and then reconnected the day before Callie's memory is received. It all worked out amazingly well. I'm interested in seeing how their relationship develops.

Jessa is 6 years old at the start of this story but learning the truth about who she really is to Callie was freaking insane. I have to say that their mother was brilliant in doing what she did. The abilities Callie and Jessa has are amazing. The truth about Callie's dad blew my mind even more.

The Underground and Harmony were amazing. I love that there were people who didn't like the world they lived in and really tried to help others make their own fate. Harmony seems like such an awesome place to live outside of such a messed up society. Hope they flourish or take over.

TechRa and FuMa are just disgusting in every way. The things they are doing to the ones with bad memories is insane. I cannot believe how cruel this government is. The Chairwoman needs to die. She's harboring too many secrets in regards to her own daughter and what was revealed at the end by her daughter Olivia made me sick to my stomach. I just can't even deal with it.

I'm definitely excited to read the sequel because I have so many questions with how that story ended for me. I mean did Callie live? What about Logan? Where is Harmony? What's up with Jessa? Does their father return?

Have you read this book?