Book Review | Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Title: Bloodfever

Author: Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever #2

Age: Adult

Genres: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

Publication Date: October 16, 2007

Publisher: Dell

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets...

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
This series is starting to become a real favorite of mine. I love the characters and story. It's action packed, drama filled and humorous. I enjoyed the romance and how smooth it was, nothing to heavy. The buildup is intense and keeps you wanting to read more and see what happens next.

MacKayla aka Mac is still a spitfire. I love how sassy she is and how bold she has become. She's holding her ground more around Barrons and she's doing what she feels is right to survive. I loved seeing how she views life compared to the others. She knew there was a gray area while everyone else saw black & white. I love how great she is becoming at killing the fae and her survival skills. I love Mac so much.

Jericho Barrons is a character that I'm starting to love, but still feel suspicious of. He is definitely a full on dominant male and I like that about him. I love his powers, but I wonder if it's because he's been eating dark fae or some other reasons. I like that Jericho is falling for Mac, but doesn't allow himself to really act on. I think it's cute.

The romance that is brewing between Mac and Jericho is freaking adorable. I love that scene after they killed the "vampire" -- that was hot and cute. I cannot believe how hard they try not to like each other, but I just think it's not possible with them being around each other 24/7. I'm ready to see them really be together or at least acknowledge their growing feelings for one another and not when Mac is in danger.

V'lane, the fae prince, is freaking funny and reckless. He's so used to women falling for him with and without his powers of sex, but when it comes to Mac he fails tremendously. I enjoy watching him learn to truly be friends with Mac. He's definitely nonchalant and rude, but I guess that's by nature of how he views humans.

I'm definitely intrigued by Rowena and Lord Master. I can't wait to learn more about them. I also would like to know what they heck Jericho is and who has this damn book. How do Jericho and V'lane know each other and why did Jericho tell Mac to pick one or the other? That ending made me cringe because it left me hanging. Definitely grabbing Faefever right away.

Have you read this book?