Book Review | Stripped by Nikki Chase

Title: Stripped

Author: Nikki Chase

Series: Standalone

Age: Adult

Genres: Romance

Publication Date: February 7, 2017

Source: ARC provided by the author

Purchase: Amazon  

Synopsis: 
I broke my own rules for him.
For one mind-blowing, toe-curling night.
Now he’s back, and he wants all of me.
He wants to know all my deep, dirty secrets.
He won’t stop until he’s stripped me bare.
 

I never thought I’d see him again, especially not in this sleepy little town. He’s not a SEAL anymore, but otherwise he’s just as tall, dark, and dominating as I remember. 

I can see the hunger in his eyes. It makes me want to surrender, to submit to his desires. I want his hard, sculpted body pinning me down, claiming me as his property. 

Then, he moves in next door. 

Perfect, right? 

Except I need to stay away from him. He's completely, non-negotiably off-limits, even if he says he wants to protect me, even if I crave his intoxicating touch. 

He’s not supposed to be here. There shouldn’t be any trace of my old life left. 


This is a full-length standalone novel of approximately 70,000 words. No cheating, no cliffhanger, and a guaranteed happily ever after!

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Received an ARC from the author for review.

I would love to give this a 5 star rating, but I felt I couldn't really connect with the characters so I gave it a 3.5 at first, but the story-line was phenomenal so this definitely is a 4 star read. The suspense was there, the romance was pretty darn cute and I loved the cameo of Caine Foster!

Jessica is an dancer -- stripper. She left her job after a friend was found dead. She moved away running from her past and found a job teaching. I admired Jessica because she didn't let her job define who and what she was to an extent. She was bold, smart, hardworking and knew what she wanted out of life. I loved watching her walls break down when it came to Jacob. Jessica was definitely fierce and quick with the mouth. I enjoyed her.

Jacob is an ex Navy seal and one hell of a man. I loved him from start to finish. He is so damn sexy! I loved his dominance from the first page to last. He was strong and knew how to keep things interesting. He definitely had a temper, but for some odd reason it didn't irritate me as a reader. Jacob was the perfect guy for this story.

The romance was pure bliss. The two met 3 years prior when Jessica was a stripper and they had one accidental night of fun. Jacob fell in love with her, but she ran away due to work and family issues. They meet once again, but this time Jacob holds no bars and Jessica tries to deny her feelings. There was no denying the spark between them -- they had a strong attraction to one another both physically and sexually. Jacob was dominating and Jessica was comfortable enough submitting to him. I loved them as a couple and as neighbors who bickered a lot with one another.

Now, Jessica had a stalker, but she thought it was her old boss, however it was someone much more closer to her and totally unexpected. I mean the reason behind this stalker trying to get rid of her was beyond dumb as heck! It pissed me off, but I love the Jacob saved and protected Jessica.

Overall, this was a good read and I definitely recommend it if you're looking for something fun, quick, and sexy to read with a hint of mystery and suspense to read.

Have you read this book?